Digital Communications Officer
Part-time, 2-3 days per week
Salary: £30,000 (pro-rata)
Start date: April 1 2021
We are recruiting for a proactive, enthusiastic, detail-focused and highly organised Digital Communications Officer to work with us for 2-3 days a week on a permanent contract.
This role will be varied as you’ll be responsible for both the digital communications and membership management of the International Broadcasting Trust – a small, but passionate organisation, working with the media and INGO sectors to ensure that audiences remain engaged with global issues.
The role would be ideally suited to a digital communications professional interested in international development, and particularly representation of the global south in mainstream media.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working independently and collaboratively within a small team. They will have demonstrable experience of digital communications, be experienced in managing social media platforms, digital marketing, copywriting and website management, with relevant technical skills including Photoshop, InDesign and WordPress.
IBT is based in London and applicants will be expected to attend some events and meetings in London but will be free to work mainly from home. Our office is in Old Street.
The role will involve working on the following areas:
- Manage the IBT website and the implementation of the digital content calendar.
- Research, produce, plan and publish a regular calendar of user-focused, topical blogs, optimised for search traffic.
- Manage all IBT’s social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Demonstrate a meticulous attention to spelling, grammar and editorial style.
- Conduct interviews with industry professionals to translate into relevant digital content.
- Produce and disseminate regular newsletters on MailChimp.
- Analyse web, email and social traffic to maximise the potential of all digital communications.
- Monitor, maintain and increase IBT’s digital engagement, building its online community.
- Proactively identify opportunities for new digital content or communications channels.
- Design and produce all print and digital marketing materials for IBT projects and events.
- Basic filming and video editing for digital use.
- Maintain and build relationships with all IBT’s member organisations and key contacts.
- Proactively maintain and review the membership contact database.
- Plan, manage and promote a regular diary of membership events.
- Record and share all live membership events and summary notes on the IBT website.
- Keep informed about latest developments across the sector to guide IBT’s events and digital content calendar.
- Provide digital support for IBT’s membership organisation requirements.
Research and Advocacy
- There will be an opportunity to develop additional skills and experience in other aspects of our work – including researching and writing reports, and advocacy.
- Proficient Creative Cloud experience – Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience in MailChimp digital marketing
- Experience in WordPress content management
- Basic video filming and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly organised
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people confidently
- Ability to work well as part of a small team
- Confident across all digital platforms, with a strong understanding of the digital landscape
- An interest in media, current affairs and international development
- Experience of the media industry and/or INGO sector
- Experience in Google Analytics
- Experience in search-optimised copywriting
- Experience of managing virtual events
The International Broadcasting Trust works on behalf of its members (over 40 of the leading international development, environmental and human rights groups) to ensure that the UK’s media continues to tell key international stories on TV, radio, print and online. IBT is the only organisation in the UK which lobbies the media, politicians and regulators on behalf of the NGO sector to promote coverage of global issues.
We do this by:
- Providing direct access to the most influential media executives through regular briefings.
- Producing original research to ensure members are kept informed about the latest media trends and opportunities.
- Lobbying Government, regulators and media organisations to promote coverage of global issues.
To find out more visit the website www.ibt.org.uk
How to apply
Please send a current CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria in the person specification (one A4 page max) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Friday February 26th.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on Monday March 8th.
The start date is April 1, 2021. Please indicate whether you would be available for interview by zoom on March 8th and when you would be available to start in your cover letter.
Late applications will not be considered.